YAY! TO AFFORDABLE PRODUCTS!

Monday, August 30, 2010

Review-Nanowhite or No No White?

I posted something earlier about Biore Facial Fit Expert w-CR Clarity Radiance  which I have religiously used for 6 months before I reverted back to Olay. Reason being that Biore has no toner/moisturiser and I'm afraid that it might no be good for my skin in the long run. 


After using Olay for another 6 months, my skin had breakouts again and became dull, maybe due to my skin being immune to it, as I mentioned earlier. 


Then one day, my sister emailed me saying that her colleague has been having more radiant skin after using the Nanowhite Products.


I googled the product. In the Nanowhite campaign, Diana Danilelle wore a white high-collared Snow White-like dress with the tagline: “Fairer skin faster. It’s no longer a fairytale.”Er..but she's naturally fair because she's of Europen parentage, right? Hmm..

Another highlight of this product is that it contains ingredients that can produce beta-endorphine, which is a hormone created when one feels happy. In this case, the hormone is aptly called happy nano.This happy endorphine also lifts dead skin cells making product penetration easier. Hmm again....


But non the less I was excited! Whoa got such magic in this product! I went straight to Watson's to get the set:




The prices may vary. These are the approximate figures, as I have lost the receipt. I got these prices from  the net and I think they are quite accurate to what I have paid before.
 I have seen Nanowhite having discounts on their products recently so they might be cheaper now.
1. Nanowhite Awakening Snow Wash -100g- RM13
2. Nanowhite Hydrating Whitening Mask - 100g - RM22
3. Nanowhite Polishing Renewal Exfoliator - 60g - RM31
4. Nanowhite Refining Treatment Toner - 200ml - RM17
5. Nanowhite Cell Moist Whitenor - 40ml - RM27
6. Nanowhite Whitening Serum Concentrate - 30ml - RM52


I am most excited about the serum, as I read that serums are very good for the skin and that 'Serum is always a star product in any skincare range because it is concentrated with potent ingredients to repair and treat skin.'


Two weeks into it, sadly....I noticed my acne was still a problem, my skin tone was still uneven and my complexion l was still dull. But wanted to try for at least a month, as the natural skin turnover cycle is 28 days. (Skin cells are shed and replaced by new skin cells from underneath which takes about 28 days). I kept on using Nanowhite for a whole month but the result was the same-unhealthy skin.


Frustrated, I reverted back to Biore Facial Fit Expert w-CR Clarity Radiance with hopes that Kao doesn't change the formula of the product.  It has been a week now and my skin looks a tad clearer already. I'll keep you updated on the progress.


For Nanowhite, I am absolutely stopping the use. I have put the whole set aside, and have now decided to just shove 'em in the trash as I feel bad to even give them away.










14 comments:

  1. i was just strted using nanowhite for 3 days. didnt see much diff on my face as wt the adevrtisement has claimed. gotta go back to my olay i guess

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there...you didn't find this product helpful?

    3 days is a very short time to conclude whether a skin product works or not. As a skin cycle is around 4 weeks(28 days)you have to wait until then to see the result. But if a product starts to irritate your skin after a few days of trial then please discontinue.

    (Usually skin products promise to give results within a few days of usage but I have never been a believer in that :P )

    Olay is a great product, ever since during my mother's time when it is still called Oil of Olan. I use it too :)

    *Note that this is based on my personal opinion and experience :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just started using nano white for 2 days but then i saw theres a small pimple is about to grow. I dont know what to do, should i stop or continue? Thank you! xoxo

      Delete
    2. I just started using nano white for 2 days but then i saw theres a small pimple is about to grow. I dont know what to do, should i stop or continue? Thank you! xoxo

      Delete
  3. I have uneven skintone too, maybe you can try Kanebo Blanchir Whitening Lotion or Kose Lotion (toner), use it to do lotion mask everynight. I try 2 month already, it works. If you think kanebo or Kose is expensive, you may use any brand's whitening toner to do the mask everyday. Good new, Kanebo got a warehouse sales at Kanebo International Salon Bangsar on 17th~19th June, but remember don't buy any Japan product with MFG after 2011 march for the nuclear safety

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not sure, I've used the trial one, which consits the Snow Wash, Exfloitor (or whatever it is spelled lol), Moisturiser and Sunblock of Nano White for RM 15.

    my acne has few, my acne scars are still there but my skin is whiter. i was very pale before until i joined some marching for school. the difference between my skin that got some 'sunlight' and the ones covered up is so different ....

    if you have any suggestions on skin whitening then pls post about it, it would rly help! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. hey there:)) i just came to ur blog bcs im curious abt nano hydrating mask..hum, im sory to hear tat theres no visible result. anyway, i gues i wun be buying nano mask then.anyway, if u rely want an effective whitening facecare range,i wud suggest nivea sparkling white.im using it and it works..:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well...actually nanowhite work out if u use dna protector n dna protector serum ( for fast whitening), n de pigment n its serum the brown bottle ( for reduce pigmentation,acne, n make ur face more radiant) without one of this set, u wont satisfied with the product..

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am using nano white product for about 4-5 months now and it is a very good product! But why does the pimples started to appear on my face continously whereby i do not have the type of acne face before :/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am using nano white tonner and I am quite good with it. It helps to leave moist in my skin directly after washing my face. It is not sticky and it allows another products to absorb.
    By the way, I newer change my skin care to a one set. May be i should try 😊

    ReplyDelete
  9. My problem is i got an obvious acne scars all over my face, blackhead, and uneven skin tone too, i'm using nanowhite night cream first and the result is so so good, one day, one of my friends asked me whether i'm using a make up or not, and i said not, she said tht ma face look likes i'm using a make up, plus ma acne scars is getting dissapear too, now i bought one set of nanowhite.. i think a product is depends on ur skin type, and night creams is the heart of every skin care routine bcause it helps to renew or repair ur skin at night. Plus you need to have a proper skincare routine and steps to get a good result, btw i'm just using nanowhite in a month and i'm so satisfied w the result.

    ReplyDelete
  10. My problem is i got an obvious acne scars all over my face, blackhead, and uneven skin tone too, i'm using nanowhite night cream first and the result is so so good, one day, one of my friends asked me whether i'm using a make up or not, and i said not, she said tht ma face look likes i'm using a make up, plus ma acne scars is getting dissapear too, now i bought one set of nanowhite.. i think a product is depends on ur skin type, and night creams is the heart of every skin care routine bcause it helps to renew or repair ur skin at night. Plus you need to have a proper skincare routine and steps to get a good result, btw i'm just using nanowhite in a month and i'm so satisfied w the result.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This must be a super late comment..but nanowhite stated that you have to use it for at least 3 months before you could notice some changes. You can read the FAQ in their official website

    ReplyDelete
  12. hi i just read your blog and i want to suggest senka foam cleanser if you're having problems with dark and dull skin. i used it before until now and my skin got fairer. for acne scars, i used tea tree oil but stopped because it dries my skin. now, i use oxy acne cream and it's really good! hope my suggestions help!

    ReplyDelete