YAY! TO AFFORDABLE PRODUCTS!

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Review-Elianto StayOn Eyeliner Pencil in Black

Elianto StayOn Eyeliner Pencil in Black


So maybe many of you have heard about the Malaysian cosmetics line, Elianto. Yes, it's a Malaysian brand. Many thought it was Korean, probably because of how the name sounds, and many also thought it was Italian, because  if you Google Elianto up, the website says:

elianto, – derived from the word “sunflower” in Italian, inspired by the unique combination of striking beauty and utility symbolised by the flower.
Well now we know it's local and I love it!

I started using Elianto about 3 years back when I fell in love with the colour pallattes. Since then, I have always made sure that at lesat 1 Elianto product is in my make-up bag. Besides the palattes, I've used their 'One Touch Blusher', lip gloss, eyeliner and blushers. And currently there are 3 Elianto stuff in my bag - Elianto Foundation Brush, Elianto Baked Blusher (Marble) in 05 Plum Red, and Elianto StayOn Eyeliner Pencil in 01 Black, which is my current LOVE.


Here's how the love affair started...

I wanted to find an eyeliner to replace my Body Shop Liquid Eyeliner which I have used for 2 years. I wanted to stop using liquid eyeliner altogether as my eyes literally eat up the liner halfway through the day, and the lines on my bottom lash lines are the first to go. Also, I have mono lids which makes it harder for me to apply liquid eyeliner and make it stay. They will also smudge if I blink before it dries (which can be a drag when you're rushing for work!).


Disappointed, I tried pencil eyeliners before from various brands but nothing worked. In fact, they were worse than my Body Shop Liquid Eyeliner. Because I was tired of looking, I just resorted to Body Shop Liquid Eyeliner and stuck to it for 2 years.

But then one day, as I was walking around, I stopped at Elianto and asked for a permanent eyeliner. The sales girl handed me this StayOn Eyeliner Pencil. Priced at RM15.20, I doubted that it would work, so the explanation given by the girl I pretty much ignored but I decided to just grab one and give it a try. 

And then miracle happened...

I wore the liner for a whole day and when I checked in the mirror, the line did NOT smudge. It was the same as it was when I applied them. I was shocked! I keep checking my eyelids in the mirror now and again, just to make sure and the lines are still as sharp as in the morning. I smiled and thought this is a keeper!

I thought that pictures would help you believe me:





OK so maybe the flash photography did not do justice here..the line is hardly seen..but at least look! No smudge! I lined my eyes at 8AM and this picture is taken at 4.30PM, I swear.


Below are a few photos to help you understand more about the product..


Elianto StayOn Eyeliner Pencil in Black
After 1 week of use
Comes with a built in sharpener
How to use the sharpener
*With flash*
*Without Flash*
Upper line : 1 line
Bottom line : 2 lines (mono lids need to have double lines for visibility)

When in contact with water
I tried rubbing it when dry, and it's impossible to romove! This is when I rubbed with water and it disappears instead of smudging, which is a good idea, thank you.
When removed with make-up remover (I use Biore Cleansing Oil)
So what I can conclude is:

The Pro's:
1. The colour is very visible 
2. Good for you with unsteady hands or first time users, as it glides on easily
3. It's cheaper than most drugstore liners
4. Comes with a built in sharpener *drools*
5. They come in Black, Shimmer White and Glitter Gold
6. Do not smudge
7. Easily removed with make-up remover

The Con's:
1. Nada
2. None
3. Nope, nothing


I would keep buying these as long as they maintain the same formula. Trust me, it'll be your best friend-it won't let you down. Give it a try! Good luck...

2 comments:

  1. I took a double look when I saw this line, '...and Elianto StayOn Lipliner Pencil in 01 Black, which is my current LOVE.'
    Note the Lipliner Pencil part. A small typo but I sat there amazed that Elianto had black lipliners..

    I'm a monolid too, can't live without my eueliners and usually on a super tight budget, but one thing I would splurge on is the Bobbi Brown gel eyeliner. That baby doesn't move :D

    Nice blog by the way

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hevn, Thank You for noticing! Ughh, I'm not a fan of typos too, so I owe u a lot.

    I haven't tried Bobbi Brown though but I have no doubt that it works. They're one of the signature brands of makeup :) But it's way too pricey for me. Thanks for the recommendation though. I'll put it in my splurge list for my next bonus! :) For now, affordable stuff still rule! Haha..

    ReplyDelete